Monday 1 November 2010

Where did the ITV S4C questions go?

When I posted ahead of the ITV poll I mentioned the fact that I actually got to take part in this months panel. In the excitement of getting fresh data I didn't really take much interest in the supplementary questions. But looking back I answered about 5 questions on S4C, what I think of the channel and what I think of proposals to fund the channel through the BBC. These questions and the results have not been made public by ITV.

I am pretty confident that ITV are simply holding them back to get a second story out of them. Maybe by releasing them ahead of this weekends S4C rally in Cardiff, but if they don't release them then it will put ITV in an awkward position. Why aren't they releasing data which could boost/damage the cause of S4C. As a supplier of S4C programming and (in some ways) a rival broadcaster ITV Wales are potentially in a tricky position here.

Lets hope they release in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been checking the YouGov site for the raw data for the past few days. It's normally released about two days after the ITV report the headline figures ... so the delay is unusual.

    I also found it strange that Gareth Hughes should have repeated the results again today here. My "inner conspiracy theorist" is beginning to get suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's not out by next week then I think some questions need asking. This discrepancy is probably why the poll hasn't been put up on the yougov site yet.

    ReplyDelete